Is it your dream to sew with son/daughter*? This parent and child sewing class is for you. You can draw and let your child cut. You can press the foot paddle while your child holds the fabric. Teamwork makes the dream work! This Art Caddy project is a simple project suitable for beginners. Consisting of two compartments with velcro closure, it's a meaningful and practical hand-made bag for your little one to use for school!
*Please note that your child needs to be a minimum age of 7 years old with an accompanying adult.
If you have no sewing experience, you (one parent) are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
Duration: 3 hours x 1 lesson = 3 hours
What you’ll be learning/doing:
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic intro to sewing/overlocking machine and its functions
- Topstitching and single-fold finishing technique
- Half yard of pattern cotton fabric 1 (for outer)
- Half yard of complimenting pattern cotton fabric 2 (for pockets)
- 1 x round or square flat button (est size: 1.5cm diameter)