For those who are tired of buying ready-made patterns and having to alter to fit your size, this one’s for you. We start by taking your own body measurements and with an empty piece of drafting paper. Drafting from scratch may sound daunting, but with the help of our friendly trainers and helpful notes, we’re sure to make your experience a breeze. The plus point? This handkerchief design compliments all body shapes and sizes!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
Duration: 3 hours x 4 lessons = 12 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding Drafting Terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth Measurement Taking Techniques
- Basic Pattern Block (in your own size)
- Manipulating the hem to handkerchief style
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Finishing the neckline with a bias tape
Materials Needed (Optional*):
- 4 yards (45" or 60" width) of woven cotton fabric
* All sewing tools & materials will be provided. However, our fabric options are quite limited. If you would like to to bring your own materials, feel free to do so.