Men's Trousers (Made to Measure)
Here’s for those who would want to make something for your loved ones. You also have dreams of making your own clothes from scratch but the drafting instructions on YouTube channels just aren’t helping. You need a teacher to guide and show you how to construct your own apparel! Join us and learn how to draft a pants block. This pair of pants has a half elasticated waistband so don’t worry about gaining or losing weight, it’ll still fit for a long time!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
Duration: 3 hours x 5 lessons = 15 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic pants pattern block (in your own size)
- Sewing darts, fly opening and waistband
- In-seam pocket drafting and sewing
- Single-fold hemming technique
Materials Needed (Optional*):
- 4 yards (45”/60" width) of cotton fabric
* All sewing tools & materials will be provided. However, our fabric options are quite limited. If you would like to to bring your own materials, feel free to do so.