Here’s for those who would want to make something for your loved ones. You also have dreams of making your own clothes from scratch but the drafting instructions on YouTube channels just aren’t helping. You need a teacher to guide and show you how to construct your own apparel! Join us and learn how to draft a torso pattern block in your size. Wear your kurta top during festive season or even as casual wear. Get creative when choosing your fabric!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
Duration: 3 hours x 5 lessons = 15 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic torso pattern block (in your size)
- Sewing stand collar with placket opening
- Single-fold hemming technique with side slits
Materials Needed (Optional*):
- 4 yards of woven cotton fabric
* All sewing tools & materials will be provided. However, our fabric options are quite limited. If you would like to to bring your own materials, feel free to do so.