Intermediate Apparel Package 1
You already have experience drafting basic tops and bottoms but would like to go up another level. Learn how to sew a women's fitted blouse with darts and invisible zip which can be paired with the second project - women's trousers with fly opening. Select dates that best fit your schedule without worrying about commitment!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing class first.
Projects you will be doing:
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic torso pattern block (in your own size)
- Sewing darts and neck facing with invisible zipper opening
- Single-fold hemming technique
Materials Needed (Optional*):
- 3 yards (45”/60" width) of cotton fabric (top)
- 3 yards of medium-weight cotton fabric (bottom)
* All sewing tools & materials will be provided. However, our fabric options are quite limited. If you would like to to bring your own materials, feel free to do so.