Here’s for those of you who are constantly on a quest to find clothes that fit like gloves. You also have dreams of making your own clothes from scratch but the drafting instructions on YouTube channels just aren’t helping. You need a teacher to guide and show you how to construct your own apparel! Join us and learn how to draft a pattern block in your own size and how to manipulate existing patterns to suit different styles (flared/straight cut sleeves and length of dress). Nursing option for front zip is also available.
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
Duration: 3 hours x 5 lessons = 15 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic torso pattern block (in your own size)
- Sewing darts and bias tape finishing for neckline
- Single-fold hemming technique
Materials Needed (Optional*):
- 5 yards (45”/60" width) of cotton fabric
* All sewing tools & materials will be provided. However, our fabric options are quite limited. If you would like to to bring your own materials, feel free to do so.