Here’s for those of you who are constantly on a quest to find clothes that fit like gloves. You also have dreams of making your own clothes from scratch but the drafting instructions on YouTube channels just aren’t helping. You need a teacher to guide and show you how to construct your own apparel! Join us and learn how to draft a pants pattern block in your own size. This fitted pants comes with in-seam pockets!
Basic knowledge in sewing and drafting is required. If you are a beginner, you can sign up for our courses under Beginner or EPMT-Beginner series first.
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 5 lessons = 15 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic pants pattern block (in your own size)
- Sewing darts, fly opening and waistband
- In-seam pocket drafting and sewing
- Single-fold hemming technique