Is it your dream to sew with son/daughter*? This parent and child sewing class is for you. You can draw and let your child cut. You can press the foot paddle while your child holds the fabric. Teamwork makes the dream work! This Art Caddy project is a simple project suitable for beginners. Consisting of two compartments with velcro closure, it's a meaningful and practical hand-made bag for your little one to use for school!
*Please note that your child needs to be a minimum age of 7 years old with an accompanying adult.
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 1 lesson = 3 hours
What you’ll be learning/doing:
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic intro to sewing/overlocking machine and its functions
- Topstitching and single-fold finishing technique
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
ESTB-PC4 Art Caddy
You can have it all in one colour of multiple patterns for different parts. Get creative!
- Half yard of pattern cotton fabric 1 (for outer)
- Half yard of complimenting pattern cotton fabric 2 (for pockets)
- Half yard of velcro (for pockets)
- 1 x round or square flat button (est size: 1.5cm diameter)
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $10 for all items in the list.