Presenting to you our Raya Ready Edition. Using pattern-making techniques to create a two-piece set – top with invisible zipper closure and a mermaid-cut skirt with elastic waistband. Nursing option for front zip is also available. Pattern-making techniques learnt will allow you to create your own blouse, dress and different skirt silhouettes on your own the next time!
Basic knowledge in sewing and drafting is required. If you are a beginner, you can sign up for our courses under Beginner or EPMT-Beginner series first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 6 lessons = 18 hours
What you’ll be learning/doing:
- Understanding Drafting Terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Intro to sewing/overlocking machine and its functions
- Single fold hemming, waistband topstitching and neckline facing
- Invisible zipper sewing
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
EPMTI-1 Modern Baju Kurung
You can have it all in one colour or get creative with the patterns and colour matching. We leave it entirely up to you.
- 4 yards (45” width) OR 3 yards (60" width) of cotton fabric (for top)
- 4 yards (45” width) OR 3 yards (60" width) of cotton fabric (for skirt)
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $50-$60 for all items in the list.