If you already have basic sewing knowledge and would like to learn specific skills like different methods to finish a garment, then this is a class for you! Different types of finishings have different purposes. For example, if you’d like the stitches to not be seen from the correct side, slip stitch and herringbone is the way to go. With the skills, you’re free to customise the finishings for your personal projects at home!
All sewing tools & materials will be provided.
Duration: 3 hours x 1 lesson = 3 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Overlocking + Single Fold and Double Fold
- Facing, Slip Stitch & Herringbone and Bound Seam
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
ESTI-2 Types of Finishings & Hemming Techniques
- 1 yard of woven cotton fabric
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard.