Want to see if sewing is for you but don’t wish to sign up for any expensive courses just yet? Then this class is for you. This one-time class only requires 3 hours to complete the project! Custom tote bags can add a fun and personal touch to your fashion statement. This fun and easy sewing project is perfect for the young and the young at heart!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 1 lesson = 3 hours
What you’ll be learning/doing:
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Topstitching and double-fold finishing techniques
- Adding webbing method
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
ESTB-C9 Shoppers Tote Bag
- Half yard of medium-weight cotton canvas
- Half yard of medium-weight cotton canvas (for pockets)
- 1.5 yard of cotton/polyester webbing (2.5cm width)
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material (recommended fabric: canvas, denim, corduroy, linen) as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $10 for all items in the list.