Kickstart your sewing journey with simple handmade crafts for everyday use. Our foolproof projects make it easy for beginners to complete. Express your personality by choosing which pocket fabric matches your Gusset Sling Bag fabric. Time to get the creative juices flowing!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 2 lessons = 6 hours
Projects you’ll be doing:
- Gusset Sling Bag (with patch pocket)
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Attaching magnetic clasp
- Sewing patch-pocket
- Topstitching and double-fold finishing techniques
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
ESTB-C11 Gusset Sling Bag
- 1 yard of medium-weight cotton canvas fabric
- 1 yard of medium-weight cotton canvas fabric (for pocket)
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $20 for all items in the list.