Here’s for those who would want to make something for your loved ones. You also have dreams of making your own clothes from scratch but the drafting instructions on YouTube channels just aren’t helping. You need a teacher to guide and show you how to construct your own apparel! Join us and learn how to draft a torso pattern block in your size. Wear your kurta top during festive season or even as casual wear. Get creative when choosing your fabric!
Basic knowledge in sewing and drafting is required. If you are a beginner, you can sign up for our courses under Beginner or EPMT-Beginner series first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 5 lessons = 15 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding drafting terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth measurement taking techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Basic torso pattern block (in your size)
- Sewing stand collar with placket opening
- Single-fold hemming technique with side slits
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
EPMTI-7 Mens Kurta Top
- 4 yards (45"/60” width of cotton fabric)
- 1 pair of hook and eye
- 6" normal zipper
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $20 for all items in the list.