For those who are tired of buying ready-made patterns and having to alter to fit your size, this one’s for you. We start by taking your own body measurements. You’ll be able to construct a ruffles skirt from scratch. Instead of using ready-made paper patterns, believe it or not, this ruffles skirt is just made out of many rectangle fabric pieces. Everything is formularised and will be explained to you easily by our trainers. Comfort is key with this piece!
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under 'Materials To Bring'.
Duration: 3 hours x 3 lessons = 9 hours
What you’ll be learning:
- Understanding Drafting Terms (masterplan, paper patterns, grain line, seam allowances)
- In-depth Measurement Taking Techniques
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Ruffles making technique & adding waistband
- Double-fold hemming technique
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
EPMTB-2 Ruffles Skirt
- 5 yards (45" width) OR 3 yards (60" width) of cotton fabric
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy medium weight material as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $50-$60 for all items in the list.