Want to see if sewing is for you but don’t wish to sign up for any expensive courses just yet? Then this class is for you. This one-time class only 3 hours to complete the project! Try your hand at sewing and get to know if you’re ready to make magic. You get to leave our studio with your very first fully-lined zippered pouch with inner pocket compartment.
If you have no sewing experience, you are required to sign up for Intro to Sewing Machine class first.
All sewing tools & materials will be provided. If you still want to bring your own materials, you can check the list under Materials.
Duration: 3 hours x 1 lesson = 3 hours
What you’ll be learning/doing:
- Understanding seam allowance, cutting and pinning of fabric
- Sewing tricky zippers with lining
- Topstitching and double-fold finishing techniques
For more information on Class Policies, please click here.
ESTB-C1 Zippered Pouch with Lining
- Half yard of medium-weight woven cotton fabric (for main bag)
- Half yard of light-weight woven cotton fabric (for lining)
- 8” normal zipper
- Please bring a woven cotton, non-stretchy material (recommended fabric: canvas, denim, corduroy, linen) as it is much easier to sew than stretchy (eg: jersey and lycra knits) and lightweight (eg: chiffon and soft silk) fabric.
- Do not buy expensive fabric. Go for fabrics which are $4-$6 per yard. Suggested budget: $10 for all items in the list.